Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hello Moto!

I had to get a new cell phone today and I chose the Pebl in a lovely orange color (to match my hair you know).

Being not of the cell phone generation, I ask for simple things from my cell phone -- I want a phone that is small enough to fit into a ski jacket yet substantial enough that I won't drop it. My top two requirements are reception and clarity. If I cannot hear, it's a total waste of a phone.

So far I am really impressed with the Pebl. Let's start out with design. As I heard someone comment, it's like a smooth (orange) river rock. It feels like a rock -- substantial for its' size. The phone is round so it does not have any corners I can snag or pieces that I can break off. There is a little button I can press on the outside to make it silent, although I am suspicious about turning off my phone accidentally.

Now the keys -- many reviewers don't like the keys, which are flat and kinda weird. I still can't figure out how to press the little "select button" on the middle of the selection circle without a pen. Luckily, I am not doing fancy gr8 ltrs with my texting so I can handle the funky keys.

What is truly fantastic about the phone is its' reception and clarity. I bought it particulary because of this feature, and it did not dissapoint. I sound like I'm on a regular phone, and can actually hear the other person on the line. This is ten times better than my old Nokia.

So, if you are on the lookout for a new phone but maybe are not interested in all the cell phone magic that the kiddies want, give the pebl a spin!

No comments: