Monday, October 03, 2005

Tag!

Dave at Bird TLC tagged me for a meme! So here we go:

10 years ago...I was just entering my second year at the University of Kentucky (That year UK won the national championship...Go CATS!). I had just about had it with physics, and was thinking about changing my major to math. I had no car, and was getting my first job in the IT industry as a computer assistant in the Education Department. My dorm room had a leaky bathroom that turned my bedroom into a mold haven, cracking all the floor tiles and sending black mold up the walls. Not wanting to shake any boats, I put up with it until mid-October.

5 years ago...I had just gotten married to Frank on a wonderful day in July, and had gotten back from our "sound-bytes tour of Europe" honeymoon. I was working a "real job" in the top consumer products company in the world near Cincinnati OH. I believe in 2000 I had my serious car wreck in December on a very icy road, totalling my Celica.

1 year ago, well I just answered that in a post below! I was in full survival mode at that point, getting used to living up here in AK. I was also training for the Las Vegas Marathon, similar to this year.

Yesterday..I put studded tires on my car. We went to lunch at Red Robin, got our groceries at New Sagaya. I recovered from my long run on Saturday, and we made a great turkey mole for dinner. Galileo and I practised "roll over" and fetching individual objects while Frank graded papers.

Five songs I know all the words to... "We didn't start the fire" by Billy Joel (I had a joke of a teacher who thought that memorization of this song was a substitute for teaching), "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (Geesh, I wish I didn't but it's still there), "Particle Man" by TMBG (another one that perhaps won't be helpful ever), "Least Complicated" by Indigo Girls, "Driving Sideways" by Aimee Mann.

Five Snacks.. This is a toughie! I eat sugar free jolly ranchers a lot. Popsicles, String cheese...but that's about it. If I could get away with it, I would also add potato chips/french onion dip and chips/salsa as well.

Five things I would do with 100 Mil dollars...I would 1) remodel our kitchen 2) travel everywhere! 3) Find a responsible money guy to deal with it for me and Frank 4)Help friends and family wherever possible 5) Use it to help out deserving charitable organizations and causes that I believe in.

Five places I would run away to....From Anchorage? Arizona, Mongolia, Brazil, Banff, Finland, Sweden (that's 6).

Five favorite TV shows An easy one! Survivor, Apprentice(s), The Amazing Race, Good Eats, Alaska Magazine Television.

Five Greatest Joys...My husband Frank, Family (including puppy), a job well done, sunrise/sunsets, exercising outdoors.

Five Favorite Toys This blog :), Tivo, MP3 players, Skis, my fantastic new microwave.

Five people I'm tagging... Let's see...Anne, Mom , Emperor Bob, Amy, and Ken.

2 comments:

Dave Dorsey said...

Excellent. You call yourself an Alaskan and you put your studded tires on before it snows? Just joking.

chaipo said...

You're right, I'm still a little bit cheechako :) Our other car, though, is driven throughout the winter on worn regular tires through icy intersections, so watch out!