Monday, August 11, 2008

Day Care Day 1 revelation -- Miss K is not sentimental


So, Frank and I dropped off Miss K to day care today. She instantly sat down in a bumbo seat and proceeded to play with new toys while I fumbled around with paperwork. When I got up to say goodbye, all she did was grunt. We'll see how she actually does during the day though -- she can be pretty stubborn.

Suddenly, I'm all by myself. Does it feel good? I'm not sure. It's quiet. I can get a lot more work done with actual focus. On the other hand, it's eerily quiet...the type of quiet I haven't really been in for five months. I'm sure I will get used to it, but it's unnerving to say the least. And of course I worry about her -- what she's doing, whether she's throwing a fit, is she crying, does she miss her mom and dad -- but that's not constructive worrying.

Either way, I will let you know how things go. By the way, new pictures in the five month album -- I know, we should turn another month, but I haven't done a five month snapbook yet :) Maybe with all this extra quiet I can get it done...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: