Thursday, September 30, 2004

Alaska News Roundup

I know everyone has been wondering how I did in the Tuesday night race this week. The fact is, I did not go. I'm getting over a cold, and thought running in the mud through the rain in 40 degree weather was probably not a good idea :). Still, 300 people showed up for the race at Hilltop this week without me.

So instead, here's a roundup of news stories, because Alaska is like no place else. Here are some of the news stories that caught my attention this week.

Where else can high school cross country championships get prime coverage? Last week was the regionals, this week is the state championship in Soldotna . For the Southeast schools, it takes an epic journey to get to many of these races.

In other news, the transportation bill which includes the Knik Arm Bridge looks like it won't happen this year . I realize that Alaska gets a lot of transportation money, but we need transportation development like no other state needs.

Yesterday, an escape-artist alpaca, running wild east of Fairbanks along the Chena Dome Trail was met an unfortunate death before a rescue operation was able to be launched.

No comments: