Friday, September 03, 2004

Termination Dust

Last Thursday, I was walking back from the grocery store to my car, and I looked over an noticed that the mountains were white! We had what they call here an "Early Snow Event" -- and in the higher elevations it actually snowed. It's called "termination dust" and is the official killer of the construction season here in Alaska. By Saturday, all the snow had melted. Here's a picture from our driveway.

Snow!

Clearly, Summer has summed up, and we are supposed to be getting ready for winter. The Anchorage news had a story on all the things we are supposed to do, including marking our driveway. I assume we mark our driveway with big sticks, but I don't see anyone else doing it yet. We did though order a snowblower, which is an absolute necessity up here!

No comments: