Saturday, September 25, 2004

More of the Early Snow Event

We just had a very exciting day, dealing with our early snow event.

Our sound card blew out of our TV, so we had to drag the TV down to the TV repair store in the morning. The guy, named Sam, doesn't speak English very well, and thinks if he shouts loud enough, people will understand. But he knows TVs. We won't have a TV again until maybe Monday or Tuesday! While Frank is OK with this, as a TV generation kid, I am feel a bit deprived (Anne, funny that this is the exact opposite of what you are going through!).

I had a change to make at work at 4pm and Frank went to work at UAA. Right as I finished my change, the power went out. Thinking that this was temporary, I went to take puppy on a walk. When I got back, the power was still not on. Apparently, someone in a 4x4 ran into three other cars and a power station, knocking out power for all of South Anchorage.

Because I had another change to make at 7, Frank and I drove to Fred Meyer, the only store on this side with a generator, save McDonalds (of course). I spent about an hour on the phone trying to fix things in the cold entranceway of the Fred Meyer while Galileo and Frank waited. Then we travelled to the coldest Quiznos on Earth to eat and shiver.
Frank's frozen toes, courtesy of Quizno's!

By the time we got home, the power was back on (around 7:45 or so).

Tomorrow is supposed to be snowy too. Thank God for 9 hours of football -- oops, that's right, no TV!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

wild gosling said...

...it's been a balmy 79 f here in ky. :-) before too long i may have to break out the fleece jacket.

now one neat thing i've taken to with my tv is virtual aquariums. now *that* is an acceptable use of a spiffy television and dvd player. ha ha ha ha...

- anne