Tuesday, January 11, 2005

About the Fairbanks Trip...

Cold weather has finally come to AK. Today in Fairbanks it is -43F! Believe it or not, there are two positives (in the spirit of my title quote). Positive 1: there is no wind chill, so it only feels like -43F instead of something colder. Postitive 2: The coldness is nearly identical in centigrade and farenheit, so those of you who use celsius don't have to do math to figure out just how cold it is! I just hope it warms up to a balmy 10F this weekend like the meteorologists say!

Here in Anchorage, it's about -5 to -15 today. While that apparently is relatively warm, it's not a good day for many things. Since last night, I keep getting zapped by all of our light sockets repeatedly -- enough that my forearms feel stressed afterwards and my fingers tingle. I'm thinking about using candles more often, but if anyone has a better idea, please let me know!

No comments: