Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Sodium Party w/a CORRECTION

I remember in college being a part of a sodium party once...I believe Pat got a big hunk of it, and decided to throw it into a retention pond. My experience: sodium is kind of like a bad firework that sets your swingset on fire -- I think I pushed someone down to get away the fastest.

Here,, they describe their own sodium party...

CORRECTION: Pat corrects me below...it was even more impressive than I remembered, and I did push down Scott to get to higher ground faster! Nice to hear from you Pat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dammit, Lori, it WAS Pat, and Pat is ME (I'm posting as anonymous because I don't feel like registering). There were no other "chemistry guys". The site you uh, cited only had wussy experiments--that night on Nate's farm we threw in a POUND of sodium--450 some-odd grams! The resulting fireball HAD to be 60 feet across... And I believe you did push someone out of the way. I remember little Scott whatshisname did a faceplant on that slick, muddy bank and went schnoz first through a cow pattie. Whether you pushed him or he just fell I have no idea, but it sure was funny. Great night.

Thank Anne Achico for pointing out your blog. Nice to (sorta) hear from you again.