Saturday, January 22, 2005

Hockey is a Dangerous Sport

Hockey Game

What a great game the Seawolves had last night! Although it ended up in a tie with UM-Mankato, it looks like UAA is actually playing well.

Once again, my reputation as a projectile magnet was upheld. After pointing out early that "hey, our seats are at a perfect place to be hit by a hockey puck", a puck flew straight for me, luckily hitting the top of the seat in front of me. Whew!

Moose Encounters

On the way back from our Monday XC lesson, we saw a moose hanging out at the bus stop, right on Northern Lights Blvd. They are so big!

Speaking of XC skiing...

Frank and I have officially "graduated" from beginner cross-country ski lessons! Today, we took advantage of the unusually warm weather (27F) to go skiing at Russian Jack Springs park on the northeast side of town. I am proud to say that we survived! Frank even is getting good on the downhills (I'm still recovering from a spectacular spill on Wednesday which left a huge bruise under my knee).

No comments: