Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Racing on a rainy day

The
adn.com | sports : Tuesday Night Race Series, aka "World Series of Mud", started last night at Kincaid park. Results are not up yet, but don't hold your breath for a top-ten finish from me :).

As soon as they started describing the course (I don't have any clue, so telling me that we'll be following this or that loop is irrelevant), it started to drizzle. Right about where we started "running" up the 750m hill of mud along the airport chain link fence, it started to rain significantly. By the archery range, it started to POUR (see this picture of the record-setting rainfall). Somehow along the way, the people I was following and I got lost and wound up, I believe, running along the munchkin course and running about a 1/2 mile longer than everyone else.

Although it was miserable, it was fun in the sense that it's always an accomplishment to run a race like that and finish!

NOTE: I'll post the results when they come up in the next few days.

No comments: