Saturday, September 24, 2005

September Denali Trip, Part 4

Are you sick of pictures from Denali yet? I hope not, because here are some more:

Whoa, that's different! That's Denali, the mountain in the distance. It looks much bigger than I thought!

In fact, it was so big, we all had to get out of our cars to take a picture with it:




Not everyone gets to see Denali this clear when they get to the park...and certainly during the day the mountain's weather constantly changed.

I also liked this particular bowl:


So we drove closer to the mountain...


Along the way, there was more beautiful scenery:


And there was a turn-off for Wonder Lake. Wonder Lake is a campground with a spectacular view of the Alaska range and also a beautiful lake (for those of you who have been to Glacier NP, it's a bit like Lake Macdonald). However, with a lake, of course, comes all sorts of bugs! We were going to eat our lunch here, but bailed once the bugs started to attack us. I got a few quick pictures, than ran to the car:



Although Wonder Lake was really pretty, the better place to take pictures was up the road at Reflection Pond. It's just a tiny turnoff on the road, and I'm glad we stopped there! I hopped out of the car, and started wandering around in the swamp to get these shots. Gee, I wonder why it's called Reflection Pond...


This is my favorite:

And another tree shot:


More tomorrow!

2 comments:

Dave Dorsey said...

I'm not getting tired of them Lori. Keep them coming.

chaipo said...

Thanks Dave! I'll keep writing them...