Sunday, February 10, 2008

32 days!

Is a month a long time? To me it's a little fast. That's 30 days of inturrupted sleep to savor, but I also have, if I'm lucky, 8 more mornings of being able to sleep in without an alarm clock. Kinda scary.

So how's the pregnancy going?
On the other hand, I am looking forward to quite a few things. Like being able to eat like a normal person -- currently I keep dropping food onto my belly, which is gross. I would also like to be able to wear clothes in my closet again, now that I have to wear a lot of Frank's clothes (my shirts tend to pop out, exposing my lower belly to the elements--not good). I'm also looking forward to wearing socks again -- which I have banned except for skiing. It would also be very nice to be able to pick up things off the floor in a non-comical way.

One of the things I miss the most is being able to taste things "right", or the way they used to taste. Everything has tasted completely different for about eight months, and not in a good way.

On the positive side...
Hey Anchorage Museum has a pretty awesome exhibit starting up, all about native Alaskan technology. To survive out there in the frozen north, certainly one has to be clever.

I also caught Clinically Wild: Alaska last night -- the show Galileo is supposed to be on. All the action takes place within miles of our house. As usual, it's very weird to realize that others think that Anchorage is this weird place with weird outdoorsy people, moose, guns, and dogs. So far, no Galileo sightings, but there was a pretty fantastic set of scenes where the vets got to pull porcupine quills out of two dogs.

Hope you had a good weekend!

No comments: