Friday, September 28, 2007

What not to wear...

Does anyone watch Survivor anymore?

I was watching this week, and it is amazing how clueless contestancts continue to be. In the first episode, apparently people were "suprised" by the fact that the game started without them getting a chance to change into something more suitable.

I don't know about you, but as soon as I was selected for a show that would require living on an island in mud and rain, I would not be wearing heels again. I would be wearing multiple layers of clothes with waterproof hikers and a necklace made of flint and bug dope. Perhaps a nice tarp cape over my goretex rainjacket, tied to my neck with running shoes. Maybe a hat that folds out to a tent. Edible jewelery would also be a plus.

Yep, the other contestants in their summer dresses and dress pants would laugh and mark me as the crazy Alaskan doomed for elimination, but hey, how long would that last as I slept comfortably in my little hat-tent wrapped warmly in a cozy tarp?

4 comments:

the writer said...

Absolutely right. We don't get TV in our bush home, but Netflix bring previous seasons of Survivor to our door. Wife and I have said so many times... the minute we found out we were chosen, we'd put on the bathing suits under everything and never take them off while waiting for island time.

chaipo said...

For sure, Writer! I also wish for a survivor season in AK -- it would make the "Fire represents your life" speech much more relevant. Hope everything is going well in the bush!

trathkopf said...

My wife and I were having this conversation this morning. When I dressed to go to the airport, and from then on until they dumped me, I'd be wearing wicking fibers, 3 layers, wool socks, and buzz-off everything.

chaipo said...

I guess the bigger question then is, why hasn't anyone been preparedn in this way? I can only think that the producers require the players to "dress stupid". Any other suggestions?