Sunday, February 27, 2005

Back to North to AK

I'm back in AK after my Toronto trip. I had a great but very hectic time in Toronto, as seen by my only picture that I took during the entire trip below!

It's always nice to fly back to Alaska, although this was a particularly interesting return. My first hint was when the following things were said over the intercom in Chicago:
1) "We have a broken auxillary heating unit, so it might be cold until we get into the air."
2) "We need to start the left engine at the gate, then we will start the right engine on the tarmac before takeoff."

Not so good a start to a long trip. Then, of course it took two hours to get the crews in Chicago to do anything, apparently because this was the last thing they had to do that night, so they were hiding. So this means it took me three extra hours to get home.

The cool thing was the Alaska Aces (our ECHL hockey team) were on the plane with us. I was only one row away from Scotty Gomez.

Anyways, the great thing about living here is knowing that you come home to a beautiful place. I honestly live in my vacation. To that point, I found the pictures below from a walk I took with Galileo last week that show how really neat it is here.

No comments: