Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Project Manager's Ball -- Updated with what you all are missing.

Frank and I will be going to the PMI AK's annual banquet, or, as I like to call it, the Project Manager's Ball. The dress code is semi-formal -- broadway style -- does this mean I have to wear a costume of some sort, or a really slinky dress like at the tony's? I'm not sure what this dress code means, help me out if you have any ideas.

It might be painful, but on the other hand, it's a meal AND I get PDU credits towards keeping my certification. I'll tell you all about it afterwards :).

UPDATE: Mom suggests shorter skirts and perhaps sequins. I have no sequins so my proposed outfit is all Eileen Fisher -- maybe a shiny blue shirt or something under my suit.

UPDATE: But Mom says that's fine as well...

I also thought I would update you on what you non-PMI members are missing. The evening starts out with a social hour which includes a harpist. From there we move into the dinner phase, with a welcome address. The harpist continues to play as we feast on the following menu:

First Course
Pan-Seared Tuna Sashimi with Ginger Lime Wasabi

Second Course
Fresh Spinach with Caramelized Pecans, Sun Dried Cranberries, Raspberry Vinaigrette

Fresh Baked Rolls with Butter

Third Course
Crab Stuffed Halibut

AND

Medallions of Beef with Brandy Peppercorn Sauce

Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes

Fresh Green Beans w/Slivered Almonds or Steamed Vegetable Medley

Dessert
Champagne Cake with Raspberry Drizzle

Then, we move into a 15-20 minute entertainment by the Broadway Kidz, a local singing and dancing group for 6-17 year olds. Then there will be a silent auction/raffle and many awards to be awarded. Then the harpist, who will probably be tired by now, will resume playing at that point.

Doesn't this make you want to be a project manager yet????

No comments: