Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The world's highest levels of birch pollen and other news..

From Anchorage:

-- Apparently has the highest level of birch pollen in the world. So, no matter how far I run, apparently I will never fully run away from my allergies. Sigh.
--The first summer market in Anchorage is this weekend. Some highlights: fresh basil, arugula, potatoes, cabbage, beets, and apple trees.
--Ironically, hockey is still alive and well in Alaska this week. The Alaska Aces trounced the Trenton Titans in Game 1 of the national conference finals. They play again tonight.

In Detroit:
--I got to spend some time with my brother Will at Bahama Breeze in Livonia. It's the highlight of my week--what an awesome treat!
--I can't find a piece on this, but on Monday there was a gas leak or something somewhere around Detroit suburbs. They evacuated a whole subdivision.
--The Oratorio society will be performing a concert this weeken, including Rutter's Requiem at 4pm on Sunday in Plymouth.

In Louisville -- Anne completed the Flying Pig with flying colors! 4:46! And she is wearing heels three days afterwards! Way to go, Anne!

In Chicago-- Mom enjoyed the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and wants to read the book.

No comments: