Thursday, April 14, 2005

Day 3 of Diet Coke self-rehab

Well, today was day 3 of my self-imposed Diet Coke fast. It all started on Tuesday when I forgot to go get another "Big K" 24-pack after running wind sprints with Exceed. Then it became a challenge, to see if I could really rid my life of Diet Coke and its' unpronouncable chemical goodness after all these years. It was also an adventure -- Frank and I have collected many teas and coffees from around the world, although to be fair, some teas and coffees in our posession have origination dates prior to our marriage. I figure, if I drink tea every day for a year, I *might* run out of tea by then.

For the first two days, everything seemed to be going well -- I was a bit dehydrated from not drinking enough liquids, and lost some weight (or perhaps that was the wind sprints?). I haven't been as awake as usual, like the brain is in a bit of a fog all the time.

Today, though, has been bad. My appetite is finicky, and the tea does not help my headache today. I'm especially cranky for a Thursday as well. My writing is not good either.

Hopefully this will pass as well, and by next Monday I will have fully kicked my Diet Coke habit.

P.S. Apparently I am not alone in my Diet Coke addiction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

need some advice my husband is a diet coke addict too.and was recommended to come off it but since he has he hasnt been himself.keeps getting sweats real bad and cant concentrate and is very irritable .he is also on day 3 of giving up.do u feel the same?