Monday, June 20, 2005

A little bit on National News

Usually, I don't spend a lot of time reading national news -- but since I'm not in AK for the next month, I decided to look more into what is going on around the world. So far, I find what is chosen by mainstream media as "news" is strange.

For example, CNN.com shows a really bad picture of Porter Goss next to a well-taken picture of Osama Bin Laden. Apparently Porter knows where Osama is, but can't go get him.

We also have the latest on the Cruise/Holmes saga. Like the Jackson trial, I don't get why this is so fascinating to people that we have to have the scoop on it every day. Who truly cares about this?

Now in other news, the entertainment section tells me SPIN magazine says Radiohead's OK computer is the best album in the last 20 years. Now, granted, it's a good album (I own it), but I would not say it was the greatest. If this album is truly the best album since 1985, there's no question as to why the music industry is in so much trouble today.

No comments: